This last week was homecoming at the high school. Rachel was having fun attending the many activities. I asked if she was going to play on the sophomore powder puff football team and she told me no she was just going to watch. Wednesday afternoon she called me to say she was playing powder puff that night at six. The sophomores didn't have enough players for a team and since her friend Courtney's boyfriend was coaching the team, Courtney, Rachel and Katie were recruited to play at the last minute. Which is really funny because Rachel has no idea of what is going on at a football game. She goes to games to visit and hang out. But with 30 minutes of coaching before the game she was ready to play! Roger and I were quite impressed with her aggressiveness. We saw a side to our mild little Rachel we hadn't seen before. She had a lot of playing time and played in both games. In the first game she was able to snag the flags off a senior girl running with the ball and came near to snagging the flags again a couple of other times. They still lost 24 to 0. In the second game they tied the juniors 6 to 6. Rachel had bruises on her shoulders the next day from blocking but she had a lot of fun. Rah Rah Rachel!!!
2 comments:
Way to go Rachel! I would have loved to have seen the powder puff game. Love the Tie Dye shirt. It's "groovy".
Wow, you are brave, Rachel. No way would I play powder puff. That's why I stick to no contact, nice, sports, like Cross Country and swimming. That tells ya how whimpy I am! COOL hippie shirt!
Post a Comment