Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Great Father's Day

With Sunday being Father's Day and the forecast saying "Sunny and light breeze" we thought it would be a great day to have the family over for a barbecue. It was! It has been such a long time since we've had a nice sunny day without wind. We grilled a few steaks and had some salad and some of Grandma's rolls and Kimberly made dessert. Yum! Yum! Roger was presented with his Father's Day gift...a propane camp grill with griddle. To be used for family reunions, Fourth of July breakfasts and canning corn. We then played a new game called Blongo Ball. It consists of throwing two golf balls attached by a string at a goal ladder. You score points according to which rung the balls land on or wrap around. It was really fun to play. Alan is the champion Blongo guy. Tanner had his first introduction to the trampoline. It took him about a minute to figure it out. After that he knew how to bounce just like the big kids. You might notice that Alan's wife, Sara and their baby, Kailynn are missing from the pictures. Sara has been in Pennsylvania visiting her family for the last two weeks. They will return this week. We have missed them, especially Alan. All in all it was a great day. It doesn't get much better than family, food, fun and great weather.



2 comments:

The Moss Family said...

Tanner is such a cutie!! I have a feeling that him and Cole will be some trouble makers at the reunion. Looks like a fun day!! I think we sweated to death at our BBQ we had.

Brian and Kathi said...

OMGosh, Now I am the one home sick. I love it when you have fun get-to-gathers at your house. And make me something cute from your Clark Reunion. I'm a want-a-be!!